What did I like or dislike about taking an online course?
I find my attitude toward on-line courses has changed significantly since I first returned to graduate school. I appreciate the flecibility of being able to arranges my work/life activities to allow a sense of balance. The main problem I have with on-line courses is the brutal truth that on-line activities/deadlines are easier to delay and even neglect. On-line courses are not for everyone. FOr example, I continue to struggle with the use of discussion boards and blogs. I am hopeful, that after thes semester, I will utilize my blog for communication with family & friends. I am also interested in creating a blog for my unit.
What topic did I learn the most about and what was my favorite topic?
I really liked learning to use such tools as clinical decision-making software, and discovering how our APRNs utilize these programs in their daily practice. I am slowly realizing that although I was an RN in the times we documented everything on paper, there are multiple advantages to having an electronic health record.
If I was the instructor, and the IT course being the first for all DNP and Master students, what would I do the same or different?
I wish I had taken this IT course my first sememter of graduate school. The use of such tools as EndNote for reference managemnet; or the use of search engines for locating evidence based practice guidelines should have been strongly encouraged to enroll the first or cecond semester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for your comments. We greatly value your feedback.
Post a Comment